Waterford City, steeped in history, heritage and culture, represents a unique blend of modern shopping centres, traditional pubs and highly acclaimed gourmet restaurants 9 of the Bridgestone Guides top 100 restaurants in Ireland are located in County Waterford.
Going to third level near Waterford?Quick search
There is also much to do and see as the city features three of Ireland premier visitor attractions. The Waterford Crystal Visitor Centre, the highly praised Waterford Museum of Treasures and the Waterford Walking Tour. Most recently, a section of the Waterford to Dungarvan railway line has been rebuilt. From this narrow gauge railway, travelling at 15km per hour visitors can experience the beauty of the Suir Valley as they take in the panoramic views of the river, rolling farmland, and mountains.
County Waterford has some of the most beautiful (and varied) scenery in Ireland. Much of the north and centre of the county is mountainous, including the Comeragh range with its stunning lakes. The Waterford coastline is a series of rugged cliffs and sand-fringed bays, where you'll find many attractive seaside resorts - Tramore being the most well known.
The Blackwater valley, with its flanking hills and numerous wooded stretches, provides the finest river scenery in Ireland. The picturesque town of Lismore, through which the Blackwater flows, is beautifully situated at the foot of the Knockmealdown Mountains. The charming fishing village of Dunmore East is well worth a visit.
Most famous as the home of Waterford Crystal, Waterford is a small friendly city filled with things to see and do. Dating back to Viking times, Waterford is Irelands oldest city.
Its impressive medieval city walls, cobbled back streets and colourful waterfront give Waterford a charming feel. Visit Reginalds Tower, Irelands most historic urban monument, which has stood on its Waterford Quay site for more than a thousand years.
Pubs in Waterford
- Bride View Bar Tallow, Co. Waterford
- The Anchor Bar Dunmore East, Co. Waterford
- Davitts Pub The Quay Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
- Holycross Bar & Restaurant Butlerstown, Co. Waterford
- The Sweep Bar Kilmeaden, Co. Waterford
- Egans Lounge Bars & Belfry Hotel Waterford, Co. Waterford
- City Arms Restaurant & Bar Waterford, Co. Waterford
- The Olde Stand Waterford, Co. Waterford
- Brownes Bar Ballyduff, Co. Waterford
- Crokers Waterford, Co. Waterford
- Egans Waterford, Co. Waterford
- Jack Meades Waterford, Co. Waterford
- The Glencairn Inn Lismore, Co. Waterford
- Harney's Bar Dunhill, Co. Waterford
- The Ship Dunmore East, Co. Waterford
- Carrolls Cross Roadhouse Kilmacthomas, Co. Waterford
- De Lacey's Tavern Kilmeaden, Co. Waterford
- Long Hall Tavern Kilmeaden, Co. Waterford
- Cosy Thatch Pub Kilmeaden, Co. Waterford
- Cats Cappoquin, Co. Waterford
- Anchor Bar Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
- Bridgie Terries Bar Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
- Radleys Lounge Bar Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
- Shandon Arms Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
- Seanachie Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
- The Moorings Dungarvan, Co. Waterford.